A Windsor Square Exclusive By: Ed Arditti | ©
When we do something here at the Windsor Square that is original and not a reheated press release or bridge company blather, do we get any recognition from our media colleagues? Heck no, we don’t even get attribution.
Please don’t tell me that the Star just by coincidence happened to write a Wikileaks story after we broke the news at the Square first. But the difference, is that we reported the important parts of the Wikileaks story–the border fight between the Governments and the Moroun family– and did not focus on the insignificant, our Mayor, as the Star did.
Not the Star. They have ignored the important data because it shows that the Moroun family is correct in what they have been saying during all these years and that they have been demonized and terrorized by the DRIC-ites. They cannot permit the public to know that!
As for the Detroit media, they are just about as useless as well focusing on advertising rather than the real story and failing to denounce the Governments’ lack of information on financial viability of the DRIC project to the detriment of Michigan taxpayers.
I am sure that many of you have worked your way through the massive multi-page Article that I posted the other day. It is not easy going but I am certain that the read was well worth it to you. You will have learned things that were just as shocking to you as they were to me when I first discovered them.
Hidden and buried, out of the site of the public. Who would ever have known? Who knows what other treasures are just waiting to be uncovered? I am licking my lips in anticipation hoping that one day more of them will be revealed.
Yes I feel good too, vindicated notwithstanding all of the smears. Yes, I am going to say it, with all modesty of course:
“I WAS RIGHT!”
I could have provided a summary for you right at the beginning but I chose not to do so. As I said previously, I could have condensed it or spread it over several days to make it easier. However, if I did that, then you would not have felt the enormity of what has been perpetrated against the citizens of this region, Windsor/Detroit, over the past decade by the levels of Government involved. It is shocking and disgusting. And I merely scratched the surface of the hundreds or thousands of documents I am sure that are still out there, assuming that they have not yet been shredded by the Mandarins or politicians involved and their sycophants.
When you look at it objectively, they really didn’t care how much they destroyed this region for their own selfish objectives, whatever they really are. We suffered. It did not matter to them one little bit. So much for the crap that the crossing is the most important infrastructure project in North America so essential for our economies. If this was such an important project, then the second Ambassador Bridge would already been built.
There is a need for an inquiry, a bi-national one, to look into this matter as I have suggested. People need to be put under oath when answering questions so that they will do it honestly or go to jail for perjury. All documents must be produced even those at the highest level of Government so the citizens can learn how they had been mistreated and can see how our tax dollars were wasted.
Those responsible for this need to be brought to justice as well. They need to be held responsible and accountable. And if I am right, a lot of money needs to be paid back into the taxpayers pocketbooks.
Yet, this farce still goes on. Some people still believe that the DRIC Boondoggle make sense, people who ought to know better.
Not everyone will have the opportunity to read everything and in fact I expect that, if there is any publicity to what I have provided is given, it may deal with rather insignificant items e.g. the rather nasty opinion by some Government people about Windsor’s Mayor.
I thought therefore that it would make sense for me to summarize for you what the Wikileaks documents revealed. Here goes:
- • Moroun is in the strongest position. He always has been. He knows it. Canada knows it. We suspected it. And thanks to Wikileaks, we all know it too!
- • Canada is the one pushing this file. Canada is the one in control while the other Governmental levels play a peripheral role. It was Canada’s job to keep all of the various Governments united against the Bridge Company.
- • Canada’s tactic was to demonize him to eliminate any support, especially from Michigan Legislators, and to terrorize him to force him to sell out cheaply. They assumed and gambled early on that there was no other way to do so and believed that if he had retired, his son would sell out in a “New York minute.”
- • The US Federal Government has been extremely naïve in this matter accepting the words of DRIC-ites as gospel while at the same time they were being fed misinformation. One can easily conclude that the actions were deliberate. I trust now that the US Ambassador will ask his people to stop watching Canadian television and start doing some work on the border file.
- • The position of the Bridge Company that they have exclusive rights in perpetuity to the corridor between Windsor/Detroit and that they are the only one who is legally entitled to build a bridge today is clearly correct and that no one Government, especially Canada, can negatively impact them. “all levels of government on both sides of the border would need to enact legislation in sync with each other.” That explains why Canada has been so desperate in Michigan even offering a $550 million inducement to get pro-Canada legislation passed even though the Canadian Government we now learn has not allocated a penny to this. It seems extremely likely now that DRIC was nothing more than a pressure ploy designed to terrorize the Bridge Company owner into selling out cheaply. It seems clear that Moroun e has stared down the Government of Canada. Is it any wonder now that the Governerd is talking about endrunning the Michigan Legislature? How else can Moroun be beaten!
- • Notwithstanding the closed-door sessions and the misinformation given, the DRIC-ite desire to get concurrence of the Secretary of State to the central crossing, was never given. That was absolutely needed for a Presidential Permit. One would have thought that this should have ended the DRIC file years ago but instead, this matter was hidden and the DRIC file carried on for six more years. How much time effort and money has been wasted during this timeframe.
- • No matter how much it cost and how many bodies it took, in the words of Margaret Thatcher’s speechwriter, Jenny had to remain Governor and would do whatever it took in order to do so. “What matters to them is: will I still be here after this?”
- • Jenny’s unilateral killing of the downriver crossings were important for her electoral success but may have doomed this Region for a generation. When she made that decision, Canada had the perfect opportunity to kill off the Ambassador Bridge, took it and she could say nothing. After all: “Corradino said that, if the Canadian side rejects a potential site, the U.S. would also drop it.”
- • So much for fair, impartial and objective Environmental Assessments in Canada and United States about the various crossings. It was all political, pre-determined long in advance.
- • The DRIC road is nothing more than a power-play to put pressure on the Bridge Company. The whole discussion about a road to the bridge for years and the pretend feud between the various levels of Government in this area was all a giant charade. Its purpose had already been decided: “but suggested Canada,s major way to influence a possible twining of the bridge is by not providing the improved road infrastructure needed to feed the additional traffic onto the bridge.” So much for the $300 million Border Infrastructure Fund money. Now we know why was never used for its true purpose.
- • Moroun has the right to build his bridge and the opposition and stalls to it were leverage moves to make him sell out: “He observed that the Canadian permitting process is similarly technical, noting that it may also be difficult for the Canadian government to avoid issuing a permit if/when they are asked [by the Bridge Company].”
- • Take a look at Sandra’s and Dwight’s role in the Environmental Assessment process as well and just laugh yourself silly.
- • The negative comments about the Mayor, read them for yourself. It makes a complete mockery of the Gord Henderson claim in his column in the Star on August 27, 2011 that Edgar (aka Eddie) is “the city’s most effective mayor since at least the Second World War.” Combine that with what mini-Gord wrote about how disastrous the situation is in this City and one wonders what his future can be.
There is no doubt in my mind that these shocking revelations will give rise to subsequent actions. Exactly what they may be, I do not know exactly but I can make certain assumptions as can you too, I am sure, dear reader.
What this will do to reputations especially I do not know. I do expect that certain people will be hurt badly by what is disclosed. Good! I do know that the Bridge Company people look like innocents compared. They are not the devils which some have tried to paint them.
How the sycophants will deal with this, I am not certain. My guess is that they will try to ignore it in the hope that it will go away and no one will read it. Maybe they are right, maybe that will happen. I hope not.
In the end though, whatever one wants to say, the reality is that we been lied to and deceived. By our Governments, by the people that we have elected and by those bureaucrats who are supposed to working in our interest. For reasons still unknown.
What troubles me the most is that if Governments can do this to someone as powerful as Matty Moroun, just think about what they can do to us.
That is the real legacy of these Wikileaks documents as far as I am concerned.